Get your Wieners ready to race! Wiener dog, that is. The Denver Oktoberfest proudly returns the 13th Annual Long Dog Derby—the race that determines Denver’s fastest dachshunds! Date: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd at The Denver Oktoberfest, the Long Dog Derby encourages all wiener dogs to participate regardless of age or size—we don’t discriminate against Wieners here. Awards will be given to champions in six categories. Don’t have a dachshund, don’t worry, your pooch pal can still compete in the Long Dog Derby Costume Contest or the Wiener Wanna-Be Race!
- Little Links (under 1 year of age)
- Frankfurters (1-5 years of age)
- Bier Brats (5-10 years of age)
- Senior Schnitzels (more than 10 years)
- Hot Dog Carts (handicapped)
- Wannabe Wieners (dachshund mixes)
Only full and half-breed dachshunds are eligible to race. Current vaccination records and registration must be provided by the owners on race day. Race entries and the $25. Day of Registration will not be available. Register soon, we can only handle so many wieners!
Long Dog Derby Schedule
- 10:00AM Check in opens
- 11:10AM Little Links (Dogs less than 1 year old)
- 11:20AM Frankfurters Group A (Dogs 1 year and older but younger than 3 years)
- 11:30AM Frankfurters Group B (Dogs 3 years and older but younger than 5 years)
- 11:40AM Bier Brats (Dogs 5 years and older but younger than 10 years)
- 11:50AM Senior Schnitzels (Dogs 10 years and older)
- 12:00PM Weiner Wanna Bes (Dachshund supporters!)
- 12:15PM Costume Contest
Please report to the Check-In tent 30 minutes before your start time.
Please note that CODR will need to see vaccine records before the race.
Want more info? Email BPotrykus@motivsports.com!