Get your Wieners ready to race! Wiener dog, that is. Oktoberfest Denver proudly returns the 9th Annual Long Dog Derby—the race that determines Denver’s fastest dachshunds! Set for Sunday, September 28th at Oktoberfest Denver, the Long Dog Derby encourages all wiener dogs to participate regardless of age or size—we don’t discriminate against Wieners here. Awards will be given to champions in six categories. Don’t have a dachshund, don’t worry, your pooch pal can still compete in the Long Dog Derby Costume Contest or the Wiener Wanna-Be Race! This year the race will start at 12pm on Sunday, September 28th!
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE!
- Little Links (under 1 year of age)
- Frankfurters (1-5 years of age)
- Bier Brats (5-10 years of age)
- Senior Schnitzels (more than 10 years)
- Hot Dog Carts (handicapped)
- Wannabe Wieners (dachshund mixes)
Only full and half-breed dachshunds are eligible to race. Current vaccination records and registration must be provided by the owners on race day. Race entries and the $25 entry fee must be received by September 27th. Day of Registration may be available if we’re not Sold Out. Register soon, we can only handle so many wieners!
Long Dog Derby Schedule
Races will begin with a parade at 12pm and we will have the costume contest at 1pm. New race day schedule will go as follows:
- 11PM Check in opens
- 12:00PM Long Dog Derby Parade*
- 12:10PM Little Links (Dogs less than 1 year old)
- 12:20PM Frankfurters Group A (Dogs 1 year and older but younger than 3 years)
- 12:30PM Frankfurters Group B (Dogs 3 years and older but younger than 5 years)
- 12:40PM Bier Brats (Dogs 5 years and older but younger than 10 years)
- 12:50PM Senior Schnitzels (Dogs 10 years and older)
- 1:00PM Weiner Wanna Bes (Dachshund supporters!)
- 1:15PM Costume Contest
Please report to the Rock Stage (22nd and Larimer St.) 20 minutes before your race time.
*All dogs are welcome to participate in the parade.
** If races are running late we will break at 12:45pm for the costume contests and continue the races directly afterwards.
Please note that CODR will need to see vaccine records before the race. In order to avoid a long line, you may email these records to email@example.com before noon on Saturday. Please email these records with the subject your last name – vaccine (ex. “Smith – Vaccine).
Also if you have not signed a waiver, please either bring it to the race or email it before Saturday at noon. Dogs without a waiver from their people will not be allowed to race.
Want more info? Email Josie@humanmovement.me!